Monday 7 January 2013

The Reece - Questions


the ‘recce’




1.    Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects)?
There are a few potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk would be wires (as there are a few wires from the fans) lights (the lights get extremely hot when in use so that could be a potential hazard, props (there are a  lot of props in the studio for people to use however the majority are on a stand however if not put away correctly people could trip over them in the dark conditions possible drink or food as it could be spilt which could cause a health and safety risk as someone could slip on the food/drink.
2.    What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
To ensure that there are minimal risks when taking my images so I will make sure that the food and drinks are not used throughout the picture taking process.
3.    Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
I am taking my images inside and so the day and weather will not affect the outcome of the photos however the amount and angle of light will affect the outcome of the photos and this will be down to me as I will have full control over the limit of light is in the image.
4.    Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
For the background of my images there will be a studio backdrop, either black or white and I have used this so that it will make the image look more professional. I will make sure that the background is in my image by using a big white background and keep checking the down the lens to see if the backdrop is still in the image.
5.    Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?
I will be using indoor lighting with professional studio lighting. There is a very low chance that any natural light will spoil the image as there are no windows in the room except behind the camera which leads to a room which usually has it’s light off any way (there is also a black out blind to block all the light).
6.    Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
I don’t need permission to take the photos however I will need to book the studio so it would depend on the booking schedule but I wouldn’t see a major problem as there are two studios.
7.    Do you need to book time in a room (e.g. the photography studio at Shiney)?
I do need to book time in the studio (at Shiney Row College) however if the studio is fully booked I could book a camera out and take some images at a different location and if that also fails I could use my own camera.
8.    Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
Other people in the image is not really going to be an issue for me as the people that will be in the room will be away from the camera space or behind the light. To ensure that they do not spoil the effect I could ask them to move or use the free studio time to take my images when there will be nobody else there.
9.    Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B?
I will be reliant on the model that I have chosen and if that person does not turn up there other people I could ask or even schedule for another day as I plan to do it early on just in case something bad may happen.
10. Finally, have you thought of every eventuality…?
I will not have to worry about the weather as I will be inside, I will have to think about the props I use as I will be using the colleges props however I will be using a chair and I’m sure there will be a chair somewhere in the college. I have got a back up plan just in case the equipment doesn’t work as I could wait until they are repaired (as I plan t take my images in advance weeks before they need to be ready) and the model I have in mind is reliable but if they don’t turn up there is other people there that is willing to take an image or if the worst comes to the worst I could re-schedule to a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment