Monday 7 January 2013

Photo shoot Planning


Media Production

Photo shoot planning document


What emotional impact do you want your photography do have upon the reader? How?
I want my magazine to have an emotional impact as I want the emotion of the images to attract the reader as well as the layout, style and content of the magazine and I will do this by giving the reader a real-life and an honest view of the articles. I will also try to give moving articles, which will help empower my readers into doing something just like the people in the article. Another thing that will consider when doing this would be making this emotion not too bold as I want it to be quite subtle, as I would not want it to feel like I am preaching to the readers.
not too bold




What personnel do you need? Who are you going to photograph?
I will be taking photographs potentially 2 people for my magazine (front cover, contents and double page spread. I will need images of two young women of around 16-18 as this is the average age of my target audience and I have picked this so that it will appeal to my audience.



What props will you need?
Props that I will need to take images for my magazine would be a chair. I will also have to consider the models clothing, jewellery, shoes and make-up.


How are you going to emphasise colour?
To emphasize colour I will use key accessories such as scarves and hats and these accessories will match the colour scheme of my magazine as the scarf will be red and the clothing will be dark or black. (My colour scheme – red, white and black)


Have you briefed your personnel/models?
I have briefed my models, as they know when, where and how they are to get to the studio, what they need to wear and what they need to do for the image.



What lighting will you need? Any other equipment?
I will need at least two strobe lights and I will need 1 soft box for my lighting. I will also need a camera and a light sensor.



Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop?
I will be shooting my photographs in Shiney Row Colleges Photography Studio and I will be using the colleges white backdrop for the images in my magazine.



Make-up? Costume?
I will be using minimal make up however the make-up I will use for the models will be a used as a statement for example the red lips and blue eyes. I will not be using any particular costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment