Thursday 1 May 2014

Evaluation Question 3

Question 3 - What kind of media institutions might distribute your media product and why?

As the style of my magazine has not differed greatly from my product last year I feel that the same institution would still be appropriate in distributing my product as I feel that IPC is a company that would value my product as they already have a product similar to mine, NME and although that may be a conflict of interest in having a product so similar however I feel that with the two magazines, NME and my magazine product, they are worlds apart in every sense of the world for a start NME has a completely different niche audience to me as I would like to appeal to people who enjoy chart music - pop and r&b where as NME seem to appeal to a more rocky style of music. These difference in music will separate competition however there will always be competition against other music magazines never mind what the style of music is.




One of the other things that would appeal to the institution  would be that this is a growing magazine and with the institution having a handle as to how the product might be distributed it is in their interest to help make it a success because if they were to make this magazine the best product on the shelves they would be credited as they are the distributors for my product and so my product getting good press would also generate good press for the IPC.

No comments:

Post a Comment