Thursday 1 May 2014

Evaluation - Question 2

Question 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Example of professional product that represents a different social group that ihave described in the paragraph below.
Throughout my product I have tried to appeal to my target audience and in doing so are appealing and representing a particular social group as different social groups like different things for example people who like wearing black clothes, white make-up and listening to Slip Knot, they are not exactly going to want to read my magazine as the people in my magazine are not looking or sounding what they would ideally like to be looking or hearing about and so by simply distributing a product about a certain style of music you already appealing a niche social group.


For example in my front cover I have famous celebrities on the front that my audience would be interested in, the likes of Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and up and coming Emeli Sande. Even though these three people are all different and if you were to look at their fans you would think they would attract different people however my magazine is about getting a selected amount of information about celebrities and appeal it to my niche audience. If I were to describe my niche audience I would have to say that they would like chart music in particular pop and R&B, they would also be interested in fashion however this is not the main interest as they are reading a music magazine after all they are wanting information in music however the standard of clothing needs to professional as the well as the images as it is a professional music magazine and having images that have been taken in a house would not be acceptable as this is not conventional.



A product that I have found that uses the same genre style that I have chosen to use for my product.
From this example you can see that the difference between my magazine and the professional magazine although the person making the magazine, they have used the same genre as I have however we have both gone in totally different approaches as they seem to want to attract the younger audience, with sell-lines and pull-quotes like "I SNOGGED 17 GIRLS LAST SATURDAY" and "The Wanted's latest crush". These sell-lines and pull quotes are more geared towards attracting a younger audience and the other element of why I think this is because this magazine are using a collection of luminous colours: pink, blue and yellow, not something a 30 something would maybe liked to be seeing reading as me personally I would class it as being a teenagers magazine. 




The topics that are used in my magazine is going to appeal more towards woman especially my double page spread, as the article is about how a woman has tried and succeeded to fame, not something I think a man would typically be interested in nor want to be seen reading about.



Again the clothing used in my products are not designer and so would still be appealing to my target audience of working to middle class citizens.



No comments:

Post a Comment