Monday 3 December 2012

Proposal Table - Stage 2 (More Advanced)


AS Media Studies Coursework Name: Rebecca Black

Proposal Form


Describe your idea for the brief:
My idea for my magazine is that it will be the key source for new song/video releases and celebrity gossip. For example it will have music couples (Jay-Z and BeyoncĂ©), new songs behind the scenes, the meaning of songs, prizes to meet celebrities, Arena Dates, Tour Dates, Arena photos, Tour Dates and backstage gossip. This magazine will try and show the true celebrity unlike others it wont break the privacy boundary but it will actually have civilised stories with artist (celebrities) not lies. My idea for my magazine will be an interview with a celebrity. 
Genre/ sub genre:
The genre that I will use for my magazine will be Pop an example of who will be in my magazine: Beyoncé, Rita Ora and Cheryl Cole. Their style of music will help attract many fans.
Target audience: gender/ age/ characteristics/ behaviour
The target audience for my magazine will generally be geared towards woman from the age range of around 16-25 and I have chosen this, as people of that age range are interested in this style of magazine. The style of music and the layout of the reader will appeal to the reader, as it will have current stories with simple yet attractive layout.
Major conventions I will use a masthead that will be displayed across the top of the magazine behind the model's head and the reason why I have chosen this is because most music magazines follow this convention. I will also include sell-lines and main sell-lines and the reason why I am going to do this is to attract the reader and to show what this type of magazine is about.  I will include one image on the front cover and one image on the double page spread to act as dominant images and for the contents page I will use a maximum of 3 images as any more images on these pages will make the magazine will look too cluttered and unprofessional. I will use a pull-quote on the front page to entice the reader and to show the reader there will be an interview in the magazine. I am also going to include a drop-cap and the reason for this is because I think this is a good convention as if done well it will attract the reader to the page and to the beginning of the article. I am going to have a minimum colour palette of 3 because that is the conventional number and it also is enough to entice the reader with the different colours. I am going to try and have the article set out so that it doesn’t look too text led and disengage the reader from wanting to read the magazine.
Conventions I may subvert/ change/ not use
I will not be having more than one image on the front page of the magazine and the reason for this is that it fits in with the conventions and I think that magazines that have more than one image on the front of the magazine looks unprofessional. I am not going to add a kicker as I feel that there is no real purpose because as a reader I don’t really take notice of it and so I am not going to use it. I am not going to use too many different fonts as it is too much for the reader to take in.
Original images: what/ where/ what
I am going to try and use original images where possible. For example on the front page I am going to try and use original images of someone smiling in a studio environment. For the contents page I am going to try and get several original images of people close up (face) and finally for the double page spread I would aim to get an original image of someone standing (long shot).
Potential difficulties/ Plan B:
There could be some possible difficulties with the photographs as the quality of the images might not be good, there may be difficulties with the layout of the magazine as there could be too little/too much space, the text styles may not be professional enough for the magazine and the obvious potential difficult could be finishing the magazine on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment