Thursday 14 February 2013

Photographs Choice

I had taken several images images of three people and I had to use three different shoots to do this.
Here are the a sample of the images that I had taken on the three different shoots:
For this photo shoot I decided to experiment with different lighting. For example the first 6 images I decided to light up using a torch light and this looked too dark and so I started to use the studio lights however the first 2 images looked yellow so I had to change the setting again until I created a white background. I then used  a combination of the light from the torch and then I used a gel to colour the light a yellow colour. Looking back I should have used a colour which was in my colour scheme. I decided that I should use the one image that had the professional white studio background. I placed the image into Photoshop and I realised that I needed to crop the lights out of the image.

For the first 4 images the images are quite dark and the reason for this is because I was changing the camera and light setting so that they were set on the correct level. I then had the correct lighting and now it was just a matter f getting the correct pose. I ended up choosing _MG_0468.JPEG as I liked the light on the model and the position that the model was in. I also think that the model looks really relaxed which is the conventional thing when choosing images for the contents page so the reader looks intrigued into reading it.
For the first 8 images the images have been more or less evenly bright however this was the opposite of what I wanted as the first image that I had created was low key and so I want to use at least 2 low key images. I decided to go with one of the 4 images which had a black background and was a low key image - IMG_0061.JPEG. The reason why I used this shot as it looked quite intriguing, because why is she looking away from the camera? Which I hope is something that will make the reader want to read that particular story.

No comments:

Post a Comment