Monday 26 November 2012

Photoshop Skills Development 2 – The Simpsons Poster Task

For this task I had to create The Simpson's Movie Poster using images from the internet. I went onto Google images and sifted through the images and tried to find somethings different. I chose this image and then went and opened Photoshop and changed the format so that it was onto International Paper, 300 resolution and A4 size. I added this image onto the blank document. I went back onto the internet and searched for the Simpsons font and then print screen the image and then dragged them onto the photoshop icon. I used the move tool to arrange this into the position I wanted. I then used the magic wand tool to get rid of the white background. Next I used the Rubber to get rid of the writing so it looks as though the text is behind the people. I then again used the Wand tool to highlight the text and used the Bucket tool to change the colour from black to red. Then I went back onto the internet  I finally added text at the bottom right of the screen and changed the colour again from black to red. If I was to do this again or change anything on my poster I would change the image to a portrait image so that I wouldn't have to stretch it. I would also do the text again as you can see the white around the text 'THE SIMPSONS MOVIE'. Finally, I would double check the areas where I used the eraser tool. By doing this task I was able to refresh my memory on the photoshop tools and the search methods on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment