Monday 19 November 2012

Photoshop skills Development 1 - Jarvis Cocker Task



We were given the image and the bar code and from that we were instructed to create a magazine. In this Photoshop Activity I had to download the images and then open them up onto Photoshop.
Before I changed anything I duplicated the layer just so I could delete that layer if I was to make a big mistake. To make the image look a little better I changed the brightness and contrast of the image by clicking onto Image, Adjustments and then Brightness and Contrast. Next, I changed the hue and saturation by clicking onto Image, adjustments and then hue/saturation to make the colour of the image look a bit more professional. To get rid of the background I used the Magic Wand Tool and selected the entire background colour so that I could at a later stage add a colour that I preferred. After that I added another layer and then changed it to blue by selecting the rectangle tool and making sure the colour of rectangle was to my liking before I had done it. I also added some text on a new layer and made sure that it was positioned partially behind the image and to the side of the image.I went back to the text and changed the size of the writing so that you could differentiate between the differ To add another image I went onto my Documents and then dragged the image onto the Photoshop icon.  I dragged that image onto the image I am working on and positioned it in the bottom right hand corner and to do this I used the move tool. Finally added a new layer and added more text for the sell-lines and main sell-lines and I used the move tool to arrange the layout to my preference. Once I had finished making this image and making a magazine I saved the image in a Photoshop format (psd) and I saved another copy to back it up as a JPEG.

1 comment:

  1. You have successfully completed the task, using layers to place the masthead behind the main image and following the set criteria to produce your final image. The skills you have developed should prove useful when creating your own magazine cover image.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete